It is not known when our body becomes home to diseases due to the kind of lifestyle we are living. In such a situation, only medicines are not enough, but yoga can be very useful for you in removing these diseases. Today we will talk about Padahastasana. As the name suggests, Padahastasana is made up of two words Pada and Hasta. Pada means feet and hasta means hands. Combining these two words, this asana is called Padahastasana. This asana, called hand 2 feet in English, can keep the body away from many diseases. Today we will tell you through this article what is the method of doing Padahastasana and we will also know its benefits.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a Yoga Teacher Training in Goa.
Method of doing Padahastasana Yoga:
First of all, lay a mat on the ground and stand on it, now keep your whole body straight and keep your eyes in front of you. Taking a long deep breath, take both your hands upwards and hold for a few seconds. Now on exhalation, bend forward with the help of your waist and touch the ground with your palms. Keep in mind that when you touch your feet, your knees should be straight. It may take time to touch the palms in the beginning, so repeat this process again and again. Now touch your head with your knees and stay in this position for a few seconds. Keep breathing normally. Now to come to the earlier position, get up while breathing and take your hands up first and try to go back. Now stand straight and bring your hands down slowly.
Be careful while doing Padahastasana:
- If you are doing yoga for the first time, then you can take the help of an expert.
- Bend your body only as much as you are capable of, do not put too much stress on your body.
- There may be a fear of getting sprained during this yoga.
- If you have a physical weakness then do not do this yoga.
- If you put stress on your body, then there may be headaches, dizziness, etc.
- Do not do this yoga after eating food.
- Do Padahastasana in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If you have swelling in your abdomen or have a hernia problem, do not do this yoga.
- Do not do Padahastasana during pregnancy.
- Ulcer patients or people who have had surgery should not do Padahastasana on their knees or feet.
- If you have pain in your stomach then do not do this Padahastasana.
Benefits of doing this asana:
- By doing this asana, there is strength in the thighs and the digestive system becomes healthy.
- If a person has sinus or osteoporosis with high BP, then he can do this asana easily. Those people will get a lot of benefits from this asana.
- Helpful in removing the problem of infertility.
- Stretching in the calf and thighs can arise due to this asana.
- If a person wants to reduce stress and anxiety as well as get rid of headaches and insomnia, then they can do Padahastasana.
Note – The points mentioned above show that yoga is very useful for the waist, back, thigh, calf, etc. with Padahastasana. On the other hand, if you want to increase the height, you can still use this asana. But before doing this yoga, you should know some important precautions.