In recent years, reinforced concrete houses made with prefabricated approaches are in high demand.
Why are reinforced concrete prefabricated houses so successful? Why is reinforced concrete used in prefabricated luxurious homes?
We will tell you why this material is so valued and appreciated. According to the kit homes Maryland Specialists, Prefabricated houses have many advantages due to reinforced concrete.
Benefits of reinforced concrete houses
- Low-weight high resistance Reinforced concrete plates don’t need to be very thick to offer excellent properties in terms of resistance, flexibility, response to fire, and seismic movements. They are therefore very resistant and do not need to be extremely heavy.
- Reinforced concrete houses are very appealing. These houses are modern and elegant. The owner can also add color or cladding material to the house’s facade if he so wishes.
- It has a low carbon footprint.
- It is cost-effective and easy to assemble in the case of prefabricated housing. The construction of a house from concrete blocks takes 2 to 3 weeks.
- It improves the energy efficiency in the house.
- Because they are thin plates, this allows them to use space without compromising their strength and stability.
- Excellent anti-seismic properties.
Reinforced concrete characteristics:
- High durability.
- Almost zero maintenance needs.
- Amazing adaptability to different architectural designs
- High strength and high tensile stress tolerance.
- Excellent coefficient of thermal expansion
- Good coefficient of growth
- Good thermal and/or acoustic insulation.
The beauty of reinforced concrete houses
Reinforced concrete houses look very appealing from an aesthetic standpoint. You can leave them exposed or add color, or coat them with another material like imitation wood porcelain tiles, natural stones such as slate or marble, or metallic coatings.
It is a trend at the moment to leave exposed concrete slabs.
This option is popular for its color, elegance, and purity of lines. This is a great option for modern designs that have an art deco touch.
Its versatility as well as the potential it opens up for the future are also highly appreciated. It can adapt to many styles. It can be easily adapted to changing fashion trends or tastes.
It’s interesting to note that the panels and plates for prefabricated reinforced concrete homes can have different aesthetic finishes. You can choose from a variety of textures. You can choose from smooth, matte, or shiny textures. It can also mimic other materials.
Concrete walls are treated with a treatment that gives them a distinct value. We add a layer of dye to concrete walls when it is still liquid.
This ensures that the wall stays its original color over time. This is why our clients have such great opinions on the prefabricated homes we make.
Prefabricated homes made of sustainable reinforced concrete
Because reinforced concrete houses can be built, they are durable. When considering how to construct a prefabricated house, sustainability is a key aspect.
This aspect is important. It allows high thermal insulation in homes constructed with this material. Also, it is possible to keep good thermal comfort within the home by using them while consuming very little energy.
It is also excellent acoustic insulation. What does all this have to do with the sustainability of prefabricated reinforced concrete homes? This makes it unnecessary to use non-sustainable materials for sound insulation.
Prices for reinforced concrete houses
What is the cost of reinforced concrete houses? The cost of a prefabricated house is dependent on many factors. Although it plays a significant role in final home cost, it is not the only factor. Prices for steel houses differ from concrete or wooden houses.
It also allows for a house to be constructed in a short time, which saves labor. Indirect costs are important but not always valued.