Lots of user knows that MAC mail exports data in MBOX file format. So when a user want to open MAC mail emails to Outlook then professional or manual way is used.
Here we will share both methods to transfer data from Mac mail to PST. You can checkout both ways to open emails in Outlook.
How to use manual way for MAC mail to Outlook PST?
To convert Mac mail MBOX to PST file format, we need an online email service provider like Gmail and strong internet connection. Now we can follow the below steps:
First ready your Gmail account
- Login Gmail >> Gear icon >> See All settings
- Forwarding and POP/IMAP >> Enable IMAP protocol, save.
- Create new App password for Apple Mail to Gmail configuration.
- Gmail profile icon >> Manage your Google account >> Security
- Find and select Recovery Phone (if 2-step verification is enabled)
- Manage your 2-step verification setting
- Scroll down and choose App password
- Select App: Mail, Device: MAC
- Now setup an account from MAC mail to Gmail using IMAP protocol.
- After configuration, go to new account in MAC and create new folder.
- Drag all email in the new folder and wait to sync entire mailbox to Gmail.
Once, your email exported to Gmail then setup an account from Gmail to Microsoft Outlook to get Mac mail in PST.
As you can see this method requires a permanent internet connection and follows a longer path. That’s why most of the users cannot try this method. Also, it has many other lacking points like incomplete mailbox, damage images, lost attachments, un-structured folders etc.
How to use automated solution for MAC mail to Outlook migration?
For automated solution, first we need a extract mailbox from Mac mail then move to Windows OS.
After that install MailsDaddy Apple Mail to Outlook Converter Tool to convert the entire mailbox to PST format in one go. This GUI software supports all MBOX-based email clients including Mac Mail. So you can use this solution without any hassle and easily migrate each and every message to Outlook. The application also offers user export MAC mail into Office 365, EML, MSG, Live Exchange, HTML, RTF etc. You can try free demo edition of the software and convert up to 20 emails for free.
How to export MAC mail data in MBOX file format?
If, you don’t know how to extract MBOX file from MAC mail then follow the below steps.
- Open MAC mail
- Select one or more mailbox then click on Mailbox
- Choose Export mailbox
- Select the folder in which you want to save or create new folder then select it.
- Click on Done to start the process.
Note: If you have already exported the mailbox before then it will not overwrite it and create new mailbox like mailbox2.mbox
Move the data in Windows system for Outlook migration.
Follow below steps to convert Mac mail to PST format
- Download, install and run MailsDaddy Apple Mail to Outlook converter tool
- Click on Add file button to load mailbox into the software then hit on Export button.
- Choose PST file format >> Select single or separate PST file for all MAC mail
- Save the destination where you want to store emails in PST then click on export to start the process.
This is the easiest way to open any Mac mail into Outlook PST format. With the tool, user can also transfer email in filter and selective form.
This post gives you a complete knowledge on Mac mail to Outlook conversion. I have shared both method manual as well as automated tool to convert MAC mail to Windows Outlook. You can also try freeing demo edition of the software and migrating few emails from MAC mail to PST.