In this article, we will discuss what happens when you archive emails in office 365 and is archiving emails really good. Moreover, what other approach we can use in place of the archive?
Archiving emails in Office 365 is also called in-place archive. Microsoft provides some extra space in Office 365 for data storage. When you turn on archiving feature in Office 365, you can easily access and save emails in the archive mailbox using Microsoft Outlook and Outlook web applications. Moreover, if your primary mailbox is full, you can move primary mailbox data to the archive mailbox.
What Happens When You Archive Emails in Office 365?
Whenever you archive an email in Office 365. The email disappears from the inbox and goes to the archive mailbox. In simple words, archiving is the process in which users can move main mailbox data to the archive mailbox. Users can recover archive emails to the main mailbox whenever they want. In addition, many users believe that they can protect and free up their mailbox data using the archive feature.
But, do you really think archiving emails can genuinely save mailbox data? To know this better, follow the upcoming section.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Archive Emails in Office 365
Office 365 is an amazing email client that offers several features and functions to its users. It is used by many organisations all over the world. Almost every user of Office 365 is happy because they can access their email anytime, and anywhere. There are many amazing features available in Office 365, archiving feature is also one of them. However, archiving is a feature that has advantages as well as disadvantages.
Advantages of Archive Emails in Office 365.
- Archiving option ensure a clear separation between the main mailbox to the archive mailbox.
- Archive email is protected in the same manner as the primary mailbox
- You will get a clear and organised mailbox
Disadvantages of Archive Emails in Office 365
- There is limited storage space in the archive mailbox
- Your data don’t save locally, there is always a risk of viruses and malware attack
- Need an internet connection to access archive emails
- It doesn’t free up storage, it only transfers primary mailbox emails to archive mailbox emails.
These are some advantages and disadvantages of archiving emails. From the above-mentioned points, it is clear that archiving emails is not a good option to protect our data and free up storage. Hence, in order to solve the issue, we have an ultimate solution Email Backup wizard that is given in the next section.
MVP Verified Solution to Emails Backup of Office 365
If you want a direct method to backup Office 365 emails locally, you can use Corbett Office 365 Email Backup Tool. It is the ultimate solution for backup your Office 365 emails to multiple file formats, for instance, EML, MBOX, TXT, CSV, vCard, HTML, and PDF. It is capable to save the complete data of Office 365. Moreover, it has some engaging features.
Engaging Features of Software
- Save emails in batch with attachments and other attributes
- Holds 100% data integrity, file and folder hierarchy
- Ability to auto-detect email server address and port-number
- Provides a user-friendly interface and features
- Supported in all versions of Windows
- Allows to use a free demo version in which you can save 10 files to your local system
As your business grows, the number of emails increases and their emails are very necessary for users. In order to save and maintain those emails users use the archive feature of Office 365. Hence, In this article, we discussed what happens when you archive emails in Office 365. However, there is always a risk of data loss in the inbuilt feature of Office 365. Hence, experts always recommend using an automated solution for backup.
Also Read: How to Convert Outlook File to CSV